Flint is the largest city in Michigan. It is also known as Mid-Michigan. It is a city which is famous for art and culture. It has various buildings dedicated to art and culture. It has the Flint Institute of Arts and much more. It is also rich in history and therefore occupies various museums to depict the same. The city also offers a great escape to nature.
Places to visit:
- Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad– It was built and opened in the 1800s. This lakeside village features 34 historic buildings, a working train and various family activities.
- Sloan Museum- It is an ancient gallery offering Flint-built cars, regional history & hands-on science exhibits.
- For- Mar Nature Preserve & Arboretum – It was settled in the year 1970. It is spread in the total area of 383-acre. It offers a visitor center, trails, wood specimens & a treehouse.
- Flint Institute of Arts- This ancient museum has a rich collection of the European & American works from the late 15th century.
- Iron Belle Trail- The Iron Belle Trail is a pair of two trails, one for hiking and other for biking.
- Flint Children’s Museum- It is a historical building specializing in educational exhibits for children along with a miniature town.
- Stepping Stone Falls- It offers exotic and breath- taking views through trails, picnic sites, a dam & a lake stocked with fish.
Places to stay:
- Holiday Inn Express Flint Campus Area- It has modern rooms with fridge & microwaves, free breakfast, free wi-fi & an airport shuttle.
- Rodeway Inn Airport- It is a cozy hotel having a free airport shuttle, continental breakfast, free wi-fi and a heated indoor pool.
- Knights Inn Flint- It has affordable rooms offering an outdoor pool, a coin laundry, free morning coffee & parking.
- Quality Inn & Suites Airport- This top-class hotel has facilities like an indoor pool, free Wi-Fi & breakfast.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Flint Township Miller Rd Bishop Airport- It is an elegant hotel with comfy rooms along with a free airport shuttle service, continental breakfast & Wi-Fi.